Satellite Symposium: New Non-invasive COPD Screening of EFL Within Home Therapy
Symposium sponsored by Philips Respironics
Filmed at the ERCA–JIVD 3rd Joint International Meeting, Lyon, France, March 2018
**Press play to start - bookmarks accessible next to play button**
Symposium FacultyPeter Calverley, Professor of Respiratory Medicine and Honorary Consultant Respiratory Physician at Aintree Hospitals, Liverpool, UK
Raffaele L Dellacà, Associate Professor, Politecnico di Milano University, Milan, Italy
David White, Chief Scientific Officer, Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care, Denver, CO, US
Robert Romano, Biomedical Engineer at Philips Medical Systems, Philips Home Healthcare Solutions, Pittsburgh, PA, US
Symposium Overview1. Introduction and physiology behind expiratory flow limitation (EFL) - Peter Calverley (0:09)
2. Use of forced oscillations to measure lung mechanics non-invasively - Raffaele L Dellacà (16:00)
3. How common is tidal EFL? - Peter Calverley (29:32)
4. ...But what about the patient who needs ventilatory support? - Raffaele L Dellacà (40:06)
5. Conclusions - Peter Calverley (53:16)
6. EFL – Reason to believe - Robert Romano (Philips) (55:36)
7. Q&A session chaired by David White (Philips) (1:07:04)
Speaker disclosures: Peter Calverley has nothing to disclose. Raffaele L Dellacà's institution, Politecnico di Milano University, licensed a patent on the automatic detection of Expiratory Flow Limitation to Philips Respironics. David White and Robert Romano are employees of Philips Respironics.
Filming support: Educational grant from Philips Respironics.
View an interview with speaker Peter Calverley, here.
View an interview with speaker Raffaele L Dellacà, here.
View an interview with meeting chairperson David White, here.
View an interview with speaker Robert Romano, here.
View a supplement article authored by Peter Calverley and Raffaele L Dellacà highlighting the key take away messages from this symposium, here.