Access all of the content
Following her presentation at CHEST 2020, entitled ‘Current Vaccine Candidates for COVID-19: Preclinical and Clinical Data’, Julie Ake (Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA) talks to touchRESPIRATORY further about vaccines in development for COVID-19.
- What different vaccine platforms are currently being investigated for COVID-19? (0.12)
- How are clinical trials being harmonised and accelerated for rapid vaccine development? (0:34)
- What is the current status of clinical trials for the leading candidates? (1:01)
- What factors make SARS-CoV-2 a good vaccine target, and what is the impact of virus mutations on vaccine development? (1:44)
- What are the potential risks associated with vaccine development and how are these being mitigated in current clinical trials? (2:32)
Disclosures: Jule Ake has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media.
Filmed in coverage of the CHEST 2020 Annual Meeting (Virtual).
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Margaret Pisani, Research highlights in COVID-19 from 2022
Longitudinal studies into the long-term impact of COVID-19 are currently at the forefront of research, touchRESPIRATORY interviewed editorial board member Prof. Margaret Pisani (Yale School of Medicine. New Haven, CT, USA) about what to look out for in 2023 in this area. Disclosures: Margaret Pisani has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview. Support: Interview and filming […]
Alan Kaplan: IPCRG COVID-19 and Respiratory Q&A – COVID-19 Controversies, Vaccination and Booster Doses
The IPCRG COVID-19 and Respiratory Q&A is providing evidence based COVID and respiratory advice to practising primary care clinicians. Prof. Alan Kaplan (University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada) answers questions from the Q&A on managing COVID-19, how to address the controversies surrounding the COVID-19 vaccines, and the immunity provided from COVID-19 vaccination and booster doses. […]
Fiona Mosgrove: IPCRG COVID-19 and Respiratory Q&A – a Focus on COVID-19
touchRESPIRATORY caught up with Dr Fiona Mosgrove (University of Aberdeen Medical School, Aberdeen, Scotland) to discuss the COVID-19 and respiratory Q&A created by IPCRG and to answer some of the key questions around the variants of SARS-CoV-2, treatments for COVID-19 and what will happen as we move out of the pandemic. Questions Could you give […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!