Nicola A Hanania (Baylor College of Medicine, TX, US), a valued member of our Editorial Board, talks to us about maintenance therapies in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) with a focus on dual and triple therapy approaches.
1. Following the approval of triple therapy, what is the role of dual therapy in the treatment paradigm for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)? (0:10)
2. What are the limitations of the clinical studies investigating the use of triple therapy? (1:30)
3. What advice would you give to clinicians in making the decision between dual and triple therapy? (2:21)
4. How do you expect triple therapy in COPD to evolve in the coming years? (3:16)
5. What are the indications for nebulized bronchodilator therapies in the treatment of patients with COPD? (3:53)
Speaker disclosure: Nicola A Hanania has received honoraria for serving on advisory boards or as a consultant for Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Novartis, and Sanofi/Regeneron. His institution has received research grant support on his behalf from Boehringer Ingelheim, AstraZeneca, Roche, and GlaxoSmithKline.
Filmed at the CHEST Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, US, October 2018.
Share this Video
Related Videos In COPD
Donald Mahler, CHEST 2021: Precision Medicine in COPD
We were delighted to speak with Prof. Donald Mahler (Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth, NH, USA) to explore his presentation ‘Precision Medicine in COPD’, which was presented at CHEST 2021, 17-20 October 2021. Questions What is the limitation of traditional approaches to the treatment of COPD? (0:26) What are the major challenges of moving to […]
Douglas Mapel, ATS 2021: The Rate of ED Visits in Patients with COPD in the IMPACT Trial
It was a pleasure to meet with Dr Douglas Mapel (Northern Arizona Pulmonary Associates – Critical Care, Flagstaff, AZ, US) to talk around his abstract on ‘Reduction in Emergency Department (ED) Visits in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Analysis of the IMPACT Trial.‘, which was presented at ATS 2021 International Conference, 14-19 May, […]
Brian Carlin, CHEST 2020 – New Thoughts in COPD
Brian Carlin (Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates, Pittsburgh, PA, US) talks to us about recent developments in the treatment of COPD and the impact COVID-19 has had on pulmonary rehabilitation services. Questions 1. What have been the most exciting recent developments in inhaled therapies for COPD? (0:20) 2. What factors should physicians consider before prescribing inhaled […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!