Editorial board member Daniel R Ouellette (Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, US) considers what is known to-date about the impact of e-cigarettes or vaping versus traditional tobacco products on respiratory disease.
1. What is the overall effect on respiratory disease of switching from smoking tobacco to vaping? (0:12)
2. What is the effect of e-cigarettes on exacerbations of asthma and COPD? (0:48)
3. What components of e-cigarettes may contribute to a decrease in respiratory health? (1:31)
4. How does the use of e-cigarette use among young people affect their likelihood of later using traditional tobacco products? (2:01)
5. What studies of vaping would you like to see performed in the future? (2:41)
Speaker disclosure: Daniel R Ouellette has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the European Respiratory Society (ERS) International Congress 2018, Paris, France, September 2018.
Share this Video
Related Videos In COPD
Donald Mahler, CHEST 2021: Precision Medicine in COPD
We were delighted to speak with Prof. Donald Mahler (Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth, NH, USA) to explore his presentation ‘Precision Medicine in COPD’, which was presented at CHEST 2021, 17-20 October 2021. Questions What is the limitation of traditional approaches to the treatment of COPD? (0:26) What are the major challenges of moving to […]
Douglas Mapel, ATS 2021: The Rate of ED Visits in Patients with COPD in the IMPACT Trial
It was a pleasure to meet with Dr Douglas Mapel (Northern Arizona Pulmonary Associates – Critical Care, Flagstaff, AZ, US) to talk around his abstract on ‘Reduction in Emergency Department (ED) Visits in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Analysis of the IMPACT Trial.‘, which was presented at ATS 2021 International Conference, 14-19 May, […]
Brian Carlin, CHEST 2020 – New Thoughts in COPD
Brian Carlin (Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates, Pittsburgh, PA, US) talks to us about recent developments in the treatment of COPD and the impact COVID-19 has had on pulmonary rehabilitation services. Questions 1. What have been the most exciting recent developments in inhaled therapies for COPD? (0:20) 2. What factors should physicians consider before prescribing inhaled […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!