Professor Mahmood Bhutta: Achieving Greener Healthcare and Sustainable Surgery
We were delighted to meet Professor Mahmood Bhutta (Brighton & Sussex Medical School, Brighton, UK) to discuss the future of sustainable surgery in the UK and the many projects he is working on to achieve greener surgical practice.
1. What is the Green Surgery Challenge and how do surgeons get involved? 00:21-01:40
2. What are some of the current main focuses of the Medical Fair and Ethical Trade Group? 01:40-03:06
3. You have recently been appointed to chair a national report on sustainable surgery, can you give an overview on this report? 03:06-04:41
4. Please summarise the main aims of the sustainability group at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School? 04:41-06:26
5. What is your perspective on the negotiations at the recent COP26 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference? 06:25-07:39
Speaker Disclosure: Professor Bhutta has no financial or non-financial conflicts of interest to declare in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd. Interview conducted by Sophie Nickelson.
Filmed in coverage of the COP26 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference
Share this Video
Related Videos In Lung Health
Gregory P. Downey: American Thoracic Society – World Lung Day 2022
World Lung Day will take place on 25 September 2022, the theme this year is ‘Lung Health for All‘ highlighting inequalities in lung health globally following the COVID pandemic. We were delighted to talk with ATS President Dr. Gregory P. Downey (National Jewish Health; University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA) to learn more around the […]
Gregory P. Downey: Mission Statement and Current Initiatives of the American Thoracic Society
touchRESPIRATORY were delighted to talk with ATS President Dr. Gregory P. Downey (National Jewish Health; University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA) around the mission statement of the ATS and the four pillars of respiratory health, the initiatives ATS are currently working on and the highlights from this year’s annual meeting. The ATS 2022 annual meeting […]
Janwillem Kocks: IPCRG Take-home Messages from the Annual Meeting
touchRESPIRATORY were delighted to catch up with the International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) Past-President Prof. Janwillem Kocks (GPRI & University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands; OPRI Singapore, Singapore) to discuss his term as President of the IPCRG, how the COVID pandemic affected this and the yearly conference, and the take home messages from this year’s […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!