Jonathan H Chung (University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, US) shares his expert insights on radiology imaging of interstitial lung diseases.
1. What are the most radiologic characteristics of the different types of interstitial lung disease (ILD)? (0:10)
2. What further investigations are required to confirm the radiologic diagnosis of ILD? (1:13)
3. How do you expect the role of radiologic imaging in ILD to evolve in the coming years? (1:48)
4. What are the major challenges in the diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases? (3:12)
5. What imaging techniques are used in the diagnosis of ILD? (4:47)
6. What is the significance of the “probable usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)” computed tomography pattern in the new idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis guidelines? (5:35)
Speaker disclosure: Jonathan H Chung has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the CHEST Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, US, October 2018.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Interstitial Lung Disease
Lauren Troy, ERS 2019 – Transbronchial Lung Cryobiopsy for Interstitial Lung Disease Diagnosis
We met with Lauren Troy, from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia at ERS 2019 in Madrid to discuss result of the COLDICE study into transbronchial lung cryobiopsy for interstitial lung disease diagnosis. Questions 1. In what clinical situation is a lung biopsy required to confirm a diagnosis of interstitial lung disease? (0:05) 2. What […]
Toby Maher, ERS 2019 – Pirfenidone in Patients with Progressive Fibrosing Unclassifiable ILD
Toby Maher, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, met with us at ERS 2019 in Madrid to discuss the results of a Phase II trial of pirfenidone in patients with progressive fibrosing unclassifiable ILD (uILD). Questions 1. What is the definition of unclassifiable interstitial lung disease (uILD) and what proportion of ILD patients are considered unclassifiable? (0:05) […]
Mary E Strek, CHEST 2018 – Autoimmune lung diseases
Mary E Strek (University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, US) brings us up to speed on important aspects of autoimmune lung diseases. Questions 1. How prevalent are autoimmune lung diseases? (0:10) 2. What are the major autoimmune causes of interstitial lung diseases? (0:36) 3. What are the major challenges in the diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!