Jonathan H Chung (University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, US) shares his expert insights on radiology imaging of interstitial lung diseases.
1. What are the most radiologic characteristics of the different types of interstitial lung disease (ILD)? (0:10)
2. What further investigations are required to confirm the radiologic diagnosis of ILD? (1:13)
3. How do you expect the role of radiologic imaging in ILD to evolve in the coming years? (1:48)
4. What are the major challenges in the diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases? (3:12)
5. What imaging techniques are used in the diagnosis of ILD? (4:47)
6. What is the significance of the “probable usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)” computed tomography pattern in the new idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis guidelines? (5:35)
Speaker disclosure: Jonathan H Chung has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the CHEST Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, US, October 2018.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Interstitial Lung Disease
Elisabeth Bendstrup, ERS 2021: Challenges and Advances in ILD
We were delighted to talk with Professor Elisabeth Bendstrup (Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark) around the barriers and latest advances in treating interstitial lung disease. Questions What are the barriers to the early diagnosis of interstitial lung disease (ILD)? (0:18) What are the hot topics and latest research you are looking forward to exploring in ILD […]
Elisabeth Bendstrup, ERS 2021: The STARLINER Study
Professor Elisabeth Bendstrup (Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark) spoke with touchRESPIRATORY around the STARLINER study, assessing disease behaviour in ILD and the challenges associated with home-based assessments. The abstract ‘STARLINER study, disease behaviour assessed by a wide range of parameters including patient-reported outcomes (PRO) results.’ (Presentation ID: 1207) was presented at ERS International Congress 2021, 5-8 […]
Lauren Troy, ERS 2019 – Transbronchial Lung Cryobiopsy for Interstitial Lung Disease Diagnosis
We met with Lauren Troy, from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia at ERS 2019 in Madrid to discuss result of the COLDICE study into transbronchial lung cryobiopsy for interstitial lung disease diagnosis. Questions 1. In what clinical situation is a lung biopsy required to confirm a diagnosis of interstitial lung disease? (0:05) 2. What […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!