Jonathan H Chung (University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, US) shares his expert insights on radiology imaging of interstitial lung diseases.
Questions1. What are the most radiologic characteristics of the different types of interstitial lung disease (ILD)? (0:10)
2. What further investigations are required to confirm the radiologic diagnosis of ILD? (1:13)
3. How do you expect the role of radiologic imaging in ILD to evolve in the coming years? (1:48)
4. What are the major challenges in the diagnosis of interstitial lung diseases? (3:12)
5. What imaging techniques are used in the diagnosis of ILD? (4:47)
6. What is the significance of the “probable usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)” computed tomography pattern in the new idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis guidelines? (5:35)
Speaker disclosure: Jonathan H Chung has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filmed at the CHEST Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX, US, October 2018.