At the American Thoracic Society meeting, Dr Hiroki Tateno shared the results of a randomized, sham-controlled, open-label study to evaluate the long-term efficacy of CureApp, a novel smoking cessation app (CureApp Inc.), when used in addition to pharmacotherapy.
1. What smoking cessation aids are currently available and how successful have they been in achieving their goals? (0:05)
2. Please describe what the novel mobile phone app CureApp is and how it works? (1:04)
3. Please describe how the efficacy of CureApp in Japan was assessed in a clinical trial? (2:24)
4. What were the key results of the CureApp clinical trial as compared with existing smoking cessation methods? (3:33)
5. What are the implications of this trial’s results for smoking cessation and is any further work required to bring the potential benefits to a wider group of people? (4:42)
Share this Video
Related Videos In Lung Health
Air pollution and respiratory diseases: Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann, EAACI 2023
Air pollution has been linked to exacerbating and causing symptoms associated with respiratory diseases, particularly impacting patients with asthma, COPD and allergic disease. touchRESPIRATORY were delighted to speak with Prof. Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann (University in Augsburg, Germany) around the symptoms associated with exposure to air pollution, the impact of air pollution on existing respiratory conditions and […]
Integrating teamwork in a healthcare setting could reduce burnout in health care professionals: Tammy L. Eaton, ATS 2023
Burnout is the emotional and physical exhaustion that can be caused in a work environment, that results in depersonalization and reduced personal accomplishment. In health care professionals (HCP) burnout was exacerbated during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this touchRESPIRATORY interview, we spoke with Dr. Tammy L. Eaton (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA) around the […]
Gregory P. Downey: American Thoracic Society – World Lung Day 2022
World Lung Day will take place on 25 September 2022, the theme this year is ‘Lung Health for All‘ highlighting inequalities in lung health globally following the COVID pandemic. We were delighted to talk with ATS President Dr. Gregory P. Downey (National Jewish Health; University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA) to learn more around the […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!