At the American Thoracic Society meeting, Dr Hiroki Tateno shared the results of a randomized, sham-controlled, open-label study to evaluate the long-term efficacy of CureApp, a novel smoking cessation app (CureApp Inc.), when used in addition to pharmacotherapy.
1. What smoking cessation aids are currently available and how successful have they been in achieving their goals? (0:05)
2. Please describe what the novel mobile phone app CureApp is and how it works? (1:04)
3. Please describe how the efficacy of CureApp in Japan was assessed in a clinical trial? (2:24)
4. What were the key results of the CureApp clinical trial as compared with existing smoking cessation methods? (3:33)
5. What are the implications of this trial’s results for smoking cessation and is any further work required to bring the potential benefits to a wider group of people? (4:42)
Share this Video
Related Videos In COPD
Brian Carlin, CHEST 2020 – New Thoughts in COPD
Brian Carlin (Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates, Pittsburgh, PA, US) talks to us about recent developments in the treatment of COPD and the impact COVID-19 has had on pulmonary rehabilitation services. Questions 1. What have been the most exciting recent developments in inhaled therapies for COPD? (0:20) 2. What factors should physicians consider before prescribing inhaled […]
Peter J Barnes, ERS 2020 – Smart Inhalers for COPD and Asthma
During the ERS International Congress 2020, it was great to catch up with our Editorial Board member, Prof. Peter J Barnes (Imperial College, London, UK), to continue the discussion around Smart Inhalers and how they could help optimise inhaler use in patients. Questions How common is poor adherence and inhaler technique in people with asthma […]
Henrik Hansen, ERS 2019 – Pulmonary Tele-rehabilitation Versus Conventional Rehabilitation (Part 1)
We met Henrik Hansen, from National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark, at ERS 2019 to discuss his study results – 1-year follow-up of pulmonary tele-rehabilitation versus conventional pulmonary rehabilitation. Questions 1. What are the limitations of current pulmonary rehabilitation programmes? (0:05) 2. What are the potential advantages and limitations of tele-rehabilitation? (1:44) Speaker disclosures: Henrik Hansen […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchRESPIRATORYSign me up!