Satellite Symposium Highlights: New Non-invasive COPD Screening of EFL Within Home Therapy
Symposium sponsored by Philips Respironics
Filmed at the ERCA–JIVD 3rd Joint International Meeting, Lyon, France, March 2018
**Click on image to start viewing video interview**
Peter Calverley, Professor of Respiratory Medicine and Honorary Consultant Respiratory Physician at Aintree Hospitals, Liverpool, UK, responds to the following questions:
1. What is the importance of evaluating expiratory flow limitation (EFL) in patients with COPD? (0:10)
2. Is it important to screen for EFL in different postures (seated, supine)? (0:50)
3. What is currently used to evaluate EFL in patients with COPD? (1:20)
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using of DeltaXRS/FOT compared with spirometry and esophageal balloon tests? (2:22)
5. How does treating EFL impact work of breathing (WOB) issues at rest? (3:17)
6. What do you feel will be the biggest obstacles or gaps in treating EFL in ambulatory/home patients with COPD? (4:14)
Speaker disclosures: Peter Calverley has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
Filming support: Educational grant from Philips Respironics.
View the satellite symposium in full, here.
View an interview with speaker Raffaele L Dellacà, here.
View an interview with chairperson David White, here.
View an interview with speaker Robert Romano, here.