Satellite Symposium Highlights: New Non-invasive COPD Screening of EFL Within Home Therapy
Symposium sponsored by Philips Respironics
Filmed at the ERCA–JIVD 3rd Joint International Meeting, Lyon, France, March 2018
**Click on image to start viewing video interview**
David White, Chief Scientific Officer, Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care, Denver, CO, US, responds to the following questions:
1. What is the importance of evaluating expiratory flow limitation (EFL) in patients with COPD? (0:10)
2. What is currently used to evaluate EFL in patients with COPD? (0:48)
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using of DeltaXRS/Forced Oscillation Technique (FOT) compared with spirometry and esophageal balloon tests? (1:18)
4. How does treating EFL impact work of breathing (WOB) issues at rest? (2:10)
5. What do you feel will be the biggest obstacles or gaps in treating EFL in ambulatory/home patients with COPD? (3:05)
Speaker disclosures: David White is an employee of Philips Respironics.
Filming support: Educational grant from Philips Respironics.
View the satellite symposium in full, here.
View an interview with speaker Peter Calverley, here.
View an interview with speaker Raffaele L Dellacà, here.
View an interview with speaker Robert Romano, here.